What is acupuncture?
- Eastern medical modality involving insertion of needles into “points” in order to bring about a healing effect
- Way to re-balance energy (Qi) in an animal’s body in attempt to achieve or maintain health
- 3,000 year-old Chinese art that can be used in conjunction with western medicine and other alternative therapies for ideal wellness
What are indications for the use of acupuncture?
- Musculoskeletal- lameness, arthritis, poor performance, back soreness
- Nervous system- facial nerve paralysis, roaring, bladder atony
- Gastrointestinal- gastric ulcers, delayed gastric emptying, ileus (decreased GI motility), colic
- Immune- infectious disease, allergy, stimulation for general health
- Reproduction- poor conception rates, early term pregnancy loss, uterine tone problems
- Maintenance- many athletes, human and equine, stay in top condition, recover from events quicker and have a longer career
Can Acupuncture help my horse?
The true essence of health and wellness is balance and the smooth, uninterrupted movement of energy through the body. Acupuncture is a 3,000 year old Chinese therapy using the insertion of fine needles into “points” with the goal of balancing Qi (energy.)
Acupuncture has many, many indications including:
Create balance and harmony
Improve quality of life
Treat medical conditions
For more information or to schedule an appointment or consultation please contact Dr. Nicole Tavel 602-228-9524.